Who is Eligible?

  • Families living in Pierce County (with some exceptions)
  • Infants and toddlers up to 36 months, as well as pregnant individuals that are low income (at or below 100% of the Federal Poverty Level (FPL))
    • Eligibility can be extended to families with incomes at or below 300% of the federal poverty guideline. If you are unsure where your income falls, please contact us. We will help you determine if you are eligible. 
  • Children in foster care or kinship care
  • Children and families experiencing homelessness (as determined by McKinney-Vento guidelines)
  • Families receiving Supplemental Security Income for Disability (SSI), Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP),  or Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
  • Children with disabilities or other special needs 
    • PSESD Home-Based Early Head Start will partner with the agency that is providing early intervention services, and your family can be enrolled in both programs

Review Income Guidelines

How to Apply

PSESD Early Head Start accepts applications all year. Children are placed on a waiting list and selected based on priority, not first-come, first-served. The information on your application is confidential and used only to determine your child’s eligibility for Early Head Start. We do not ask about or report immigration or DSHS status. Contact us with any questions about enrollment or applications.

There are several ways to apply:

Online form

Fill Out an Application Online

You can click here to apply and submit supporting documents. Once you have completed the application, you will receive an email to verify your submission.


Downloadable form

Fill Out A Downloadable Form

Enrollment Applications can also be downloaded here and submitted with supporting documents via fax line email:

When submitting your application please include the following: 

  • Completed and signed application
  • Proof of income for all legal guardians in the home
    • Examples: pay stubs for 12 months, most recent W-2s, 1040 Tax form, SSI-D, SNAP or TANF documentation, letter from employer, etc.
    • If you do not have proof of income please contact us
  • Proof of child’s age (not applicable for pregnant individuals)
    • Please contact us if you are unsure about documentation for your child’s age; we can help! 
  • Special Services Paperwork (if applicable) 
    • If your child receives any special services, please provide documentation about that (sometimes called an IFSP)
Phone with calling icon

Call/Contact Us

We also complete applications via telephone if you would like assistance. Interpreters are available for this. Please call: 253-778-7820.